- RSS Channel Showcase 2890502
- RSS Channel Showcase 7954661
- RSS Channel Showcase 4821918
- RSS Channel Showcase 2976503
Articles on this Page
- 12/17/12--10:21: _On the Tragedy in N...
- 02/16/15--06:00: _Thoughts on the Cha...
- 06/22/15--06:00: _The Charleston Shoo...
- 10/14/15--06:00: _Against Religious F...
- 11/30/15--06:00: _Christian Terrorism...
- 12/07/15--06:00: _The Case for Prayer...
- 06/15/16--06:00: _Thoughts on the Orl...
- 06/19/17--10:19: _On the Reciprocity ...
- 10/04/17--10:10: _What I’ll Teach My ...
- 12/08/17--05:30: _The Fountainhead: A...
- 03/19/18--07:37: _Dystopia Journal #1...
- 12/17/12--10:21: On the Tragedy in Newtown
- 02/16/15--06:00: Thoughts on the Chapel Hill Shooting
- 06/22/15--06:00: The Charleston Shooting Is No Mystery
- 10/14/15--06:00: Against Religious Fatalism
- 11/30/15--06:00: Christian Terrorism in Colorado
- 12/07/15--06:00: The Case for Prayer-Shaming
- 06/15/16--06:00: Thoughts on the Orlando Shooting
- 06/19/17--10:19: On the Reciprocity of Compassion
- 10/04/17--10:10: What I’ll Teach My Son After Las Vegas
- 12/08/17--05:30: The Fountainhead: A Shot in the Dark
- 03/19/18--07:37: Dystopia Journal #15: Let the Kids Lead
I hate having to write posts like this, but it’s too huge a story to ignore. Less than two weeks before Christmas, America is again reeling from a mass killing – one of several this year, but the worst in a while – at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Not counting the [Read More...]
I hope there’s a day when I won’t have to write about the latest mass murder in gun-crazed America, but today isn’t that day. This time, the tragedy took place in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, where a young family – Yusor Mohamad Abu-Salha, her husband Deah Shaddy Barakat, and her sister Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, all [Read More...]
By now, you’ve heard about the massacre at a historic black church in Charleston, South Carolina where nine people were murdered, including Clementa Pinckney, the pastor and a state senator. The alleged shooter, Dylann Storm Roof, wore the patches of white-supremacist regimes, told police that he wanted to start a race war, wrote a virulently [Read More...]
Last month, construction was in progress at the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, the holiest mosque in Islam, when a heavy crane collapsed in high winds and crashed through the roof of the mosque. Over a hundred pilgrims were killed and almost 400 were hurt or trapped beneath falling debris. An employee of the Saudi Binladen [Read More...]
You probably don’t need me to fill in the details of the latest shooting rampage in gun-sick America. This time, the target was a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado. After a multi-hour gun battle with police, the attacker was captured alive, but not before he’d killed a police officer and two civilians. By now, these [Read More...]
In the aftermath of yet another horrific mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, this one apparently committed by a Muslim couple inspired by ISIS, the Daily News ran this amazing front page: An early look at tomorrow’s front page…
GOD ISN’T FIXING THIS: https://t.co/eKUg5f03ec pic.twitter.com/j4gEFg9YtJ — New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) December 3, 2015 This was, [Read More...]
The NRA and right-wing Christianity are locked in a vampiric embrace.
When does compassion take us further from a better world?
What we can teach our children about tragedy, and what we can learn from them in return.
Rand's villains resort to persuasion and democracy, while her heroes rely on terrorism and violence.
Last week, students at over 2,500 schools walked out of class to protest gun violence. In Washington, D.C., the walkout ended up as a march and sit-in at the White House (which, predictably, ignored it). The kids’ TV channel Nickelodeon went off the air in solidarity. Most were high schoolers, but some students who joined […]